Developing water policies leading to more integrated management and efficient use of available water resources in old and new lands to provide and maintain water quality and quantity aiming to achieve water users’ satisfaction based on the environmental, economic and social perspectives.
The WMRI missions
• Develop water management policies and strategies for efficient use of water resources in terms of best management practices and optimum distribution of irrigation water.
• Determine and estimate actual crop coefficients, crop consumptive use and crop water requirements under different climatic conditions for optimum agricultural water use.
• Develop an innovative methods and systems of irrigation networks, rehabilitation and modernization of surface irrigation.
• Develop and assess new treated wastewater management technologies and practices for irrigation considering its environmental, economic, and social aspects and,
• Identify, adopt, develop and make available resources to improve information transfer on water resources management and technologies among different stakeholders.
The institute is continuously developing its organizational structure to be ongoing with the goals needed to be achieved in the fields of water distribution, water losses, water needs, water consumption of different crops and field irrigation management under technical and economic bases.
The institute has four main departments, which are considered the supporting pillars for the institute purposes as indicated by the following figure: